A Mobile Enterprise means a lot more than having access to a smartphone or tablet at work. A mobile enterprise is one where people can be productive from anywhere, at any time – that means access to all applications on any device – in such a smooth and consistent manner.
There are a lot of reasons businesses are finding it hard to go mobile. Because to truly be a mobile enterprise, you need to think about a lot more than technology. You need address issues and concerns related to business, people and technology. In short, here are the top ten items you need to address to become a mobile enterprise.
- Clearly define business goals of the mobile initiative
- Focus on collaborative activities
- Articulate the goals of the initiative
- Brand the Initiative
- Embrace BYOD
- Provide a Consistent User Experience
- Provide Appropriate Levels of Security
- Don’t Make People Change the Way They Work
- Train Workers Appropriately
- Identify Organizational ‘Connectors’
- Start Slowly- ‘Run Before You Walk’
I have written about these topics extensively in Fast Company. You can find the latest installment here. I have also created a slide show describing what you need to do, for IT Business Edge. View the slide show here.