Announcing #SPJam on 5/21: The Future of SharePoint, Yammer and Mobile in the Social Enterprise
With Microsoft’s recent announcement of the Yammer integration roadmap, several questions remain as to how to best move forward with your social enterprise strategy. Many community members applaud the integration while others believe it's a mistake. Which solution will your business choose for enterprise social and how will you prepare?
Social SharePoint Tweet Jam (#SPJam)
Be sure to join Forbes contributor Mark Fidelman, who will moderate #SPJam on Tuesday, May 21st at 12 pm ET.
We welcome the global SharePoint community to participate. All experience levels are welcome to connect with the experts that will be on hand to get the conversation rolling. The easiest way to join in is by following or including the #SPJam hashtag.
Among the questions we’d like to explore:
- Is Microsoft making the right moves in Enterprise Social Networking (ESN)? Why or why not?
- Any holes in Microsoft’s social strategy?
- How can organization best take advantage of the new SharePoint solutions and tools?
- How will Office 365 play into this new social shift?
- How will these Microsoft/SharePoint developments affect the community?
- How important is mobile in an enterprise social strategy?
- Why/how should every business prepare for mobile as part of its enterprise social strategy?
If there are additional questions you’d like to have asked and answered, tweet your suggestions to @teamharmonie.
We have gathered together a great group of SharePoint community leaders and experts to take part in the Social SharePoint Jam, including:
- Ant Clay, Founder of SoulSailor Consulting Ltd, @SoulSailor
- Bjorn Furuknap, SharePoint Consultant, @furuknap
- Corrado Iorizzo, Senior Manager - Solution Architect at Cambridge Technology Partners, @corradoi
- Falak Mahmood, SharePoint Architect at CGI, @falaky
- Joel Oleson, SharePoint Evangelist & Managing Director at Salient6, @joeloleson
- John Anderson, Managing Editor, Bamboo Solutions, @SharePointBlank
Laura Rogers, Senior SharePoint Consultant, Rackspace Hosting, @wonderlaura
- Michael Greth, SharePoint Specialist, @MySharePoint
- Mike Watson, Co-Founder, Seriouslabz, Ltd @jmikewatson
- Paul Keijzers, SharePoint Specialist at KbWorks, @kbworks
- Paul Swider , CTO at RealActivity, @pswider
- Richard Harbridge, Trusted Advisor, Microsoft Partner Technology Advisor, Microsoft Technology Specialist at Microsoft @rharbridge
- Rob Howard, Founder and CTO at Telligent Systems, @RobHoward
- Sadie Van Buren, Director of Marketing at BlueMetal Architects, @Sadalit
- Wilco Turnhout , Owner at Rapid Circle, @wturnhout
- Yaacov Cohen, Co-Founder and CEO at harmon.ie, @yaacovc
At 12 pm Eastern Time (US), Mark will open #SPJam and invite participants to introduce yourselves in your first #SPJam tweet. Include your name and the organization you work for.
Then, Mark will introduce topics one at a time. Start subsequent tweets with the question number you are responding to and the #SPJam hashtag. For example, "#SPJam Q1 “Microsoft is movin’ and groovin’…”
Remember that this is a public chat — remain professional, be thoughtful and stay focused on the subject at hand.
And avoid pitching your commercial services or products.
We look forward to seeing you there!